Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan 5 - Airports

1:45: It's time! Heading to the airport! 

Getting to the airport went very smoothly. And walking into the airport and recignizing people was such an exciting moment. Thankfully, because I printed my boarding pass the night before, doing electronic check-in was quick and easy. Don DeGraff led us in a devotion and we paired up and we are off! 

Waiting at the gate was an hour of anticipation. Finding out who we were sitting next to, comparing things we'd packed, Facebook stalking our host families. 

But the real excitement started as we boarded the plane (an hour late I might add). I took a video of us all entering to plane. It's exciting to be on the first flight of three in my way to an unforgettable experience.  

...And the pilot comes over the PA System to tell us we will have to wait another 20 minutes in the plane while they plow and defrost the runway...

...And then again to tell us the baggage door was jammed and it would be 10 more minutes for them to load all our luggage... So I figured I'd take a small nap. When I woke up again the plain still hadn't left. Our 4:15 flight didn't leave until 7:00!!

7:00p: Checked when we our next flight left; our plane would land 7:10 Minneapolis time, because they were an hour behind, but out next flight left at 7:25! What was supposed to be a 2.5 hr layover, might have to be 15 minute sprint. 

7:20: We got off the plane a ran to the G4 terminal. Halfway there we hear over the PA system the last call for the flight Amsterdam. As we round the corner to the terminal one of the agents says in a walkie-talkie "They're coming! Passengers from Minneapolis are coming". Over the next 10 minutes all 18 of us check in and boarded. By 8 o'clock we are in the air. 
These photos are the last bit of U.S. land I'll see before Amsterdam! But it will be a while before I see Amerstdam on this 7.5 hour flight. 

I have no idea if our luggage made it onto the flight to Amsterdam but...

Que Será, Será 

No comments:

Post a Comment