Friday, January 10, 2014

Jan 10 - Some Things About Spain

Granted, I've only been here four days but I've seen a lot.

1. You walk everywhere. Everywhere. And Spanish women do it in heels. I don't know how or why.

2. If you have a car, it's small. Because everything in Europe is small. And there mostly all hatchbacks. Some of the cars I've seen are Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, and BMW. Nothing American.

3. I've seen more Burger Kings, than McDonalds.

4. The McDonalds I went to was huge. It had two stories of seating. If you are paying with a credit card at McDonalds you can order at a kiosk and then pick it up.

5. Small Coke at McDonalds is actually a small and not a medium or a large (SMH). And the Coke actually has real sugar in it which taste soooo much better.

6. You can buy beer at McDonalds for 1euro or about $1.35 american
(See. Beer, Coke and water.)

7. You can find water, beer, wine and coffee any and everywhere.

8. There is no sales tax. If it says a euro it cost a euro no more no less. Which is great!

9. There are lots of parks. There are three just between my house and campus.

10. Vietnamese women do nails in the mall here too. That might be a little over the line, but I did find that very interesting. And I'm not just guessing that there vietnamese, the sign over their shop said "Vietnamese Nail Salon".

11. Your host mom will think you don't eat enough no matter how much you eat. 

12. If you have a 9 o'clock class, it actually starts at 9:10 and goes to 10. At Calvin it would start at 9 and go to 9:50.

13. Most people have at least one dog. 

14. Oviedo has an H&M!

15. They sell bras kind of everywhere. I find that very strange.

16. Elevators only fit four people. They are crazy small.

17. Notebooks are longer and more expensive, when converted to USD.

18. I don't know if this is just because we are from America or what, but you don't register for classes. We get a list of classes and then just show up for class. Then if you don't like it you have a week to try other classes. No adding or dropping. Nice, huh?

19. They have really small pennies. You can't tell because I zoomed in but their penny can on ours. Its itty bitty.


20. They work really hard to conserve electricity and water.

So that's 20! I will probably do more like this in the future. But I'm going out tonight! If something fun or wild happens I'll let you know. If its boring or too good to tell I won't. :p

Que Será, Será.

1 comment:

  1. If it's too "good to tell"? Hmmm, yea, don't post that. LOL

    ReplyDelete